A weekend of creation, competition and community
- 6pm – Welcome dinner and orientation
- 7pm – Creative Thinking workshop and activity – Nathan Schwagler
- 8:30pm – Team Time
- 9:30pm – Challenge: The Big Idea
- 9am – Breakfast
- 10am – Business Model Generation workshop and activity – Mitch Neff
- 10:45am – Speaker – Nevin Griffith, Co-Founder of Velo
- 11am – Team Time
- 12pm – Challenge: Biz Model
- 1pm – Working lunch
- 1:30pm – Marketing and Customer Service workshop and activity – Loran Tripp
- 2:30 – Speaker – Owen Sarwatka, founder of Everyone Can Play
- 3pm – Team Time
- 5pm – Challenge: The Market
- 6pm – Dinner
- 9am – Breakfast
- 10am – Prototyping and being lean workshop and activity – Anderson Prewwitt
- 10:45am – Speaker – Todd Broyles, Founder of VisitU
- 11am – Team Time (includes Lunch)
- 1pm – Challenge: MVP
- 1:30pm – Pitch Deck workshop – David Harris, Founder of Teen Business Challenge
- 2:30pm – Team Time
- 4-430pm – Welcome to guests, celebrity judges and Speaker and DJ Ekin, Founder of icareaboutme.org (refreshments served)
- 4:30-5:30pm – Challenge: The Pitch
- 5:30pm – Award Ceremony, Commissioner Miller
This leaderboard is updated live and illustrates which team is winning the event.
Entrepreneurs tell their story, and let the kids know that they too can be successful if they work for it – and that mistakes are par for the course.
Nevin Griffith, Co-Founder of Velo. After stepping away from baseball and the sports industry, Nevin has devoted his time and energy on an app to calculate the speed of moving objects.Owen Sarwatka, Founder of Everyone Can Play, a non-profit that improves the lives of mentally challenged kids and promotes inclusion using Baseball
- TBC trainers lead the workshops and learning interaction.
- TBC Scouts are local entrepreneurs and community leaders that know what it takes to sustain a successful business, and how to give constructive criticism to the teams at the final challenge.
Friday – The Big Idea
Saturday AM – Biz Model
Saturday PM – The Market
Sunday AM – MVP
Sunday PM – The Pitch
- Click to download TBC Rules of Engagement
These Rules of Engagement ensure that the event is safe enough to have fun, and structured enough to be a success.